Some resources say that you can burn up to 600 calories just by dancing. I am sure that any activity can help you to be in
What is zumba for weight loss?
Zumba dance was officially created as a fitness program for weight loss in 2011. This type of activity includes dancing movements together with jumping and other gymnastic elements. It combines different dancing styles like soca, salsa, hip-hop, samba, merengue and more.
The workout usually lasts from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Being a combination of
Types of zumba dance for Weight loss
It’s a classical fitness program based on Latin dances. It is ideal for beginners, people with contraindications, for seniors or people who are undergoing rehabilitation. Moderate physical activity that you get while dancing is very beneficial for your overall health. And as you burn many calories while moving actively it’s safe to say that
In this type of
It’s an amazing activity for those who love swimming. You can perform almost the same exercises in the pool as you would do in the gym. But water creates extra resistance which makes this workout even more effective. Besides, water exercises help to reduce cellulite and tighten the skin. So if you have an opportunity to train in a pool, definitely give it a try!
Sentao is a relatively new type of
Zumba dance is so versatile that you can even use an aerobic step platform for this. This type of
Why zumba dance is effective for weight loss?
There are many reasons why zumba is a great workout for weight loss:
- It allows
to burna lot of calories (up to 600 kcal per session)
- You use almost all the muscles of your body during the dance
- Zumba includes simple exercises that you can start doing right now
- Zumba helps to speed up metabolism
- This dance focuses on the most
problemareas of the body — thighs, glutes, abs;
- You sweat a lot during the session that helps to remove excess water from the body
- It’s proved that if you dance 3 times a week you can lose up to 5kg weight a month
But besides weight loss
- You train your respiratory system
- Your joints become more flexible;
- The muscles become more toned and developed
- Zumba helps to fight depressions, stress
- It regulates the activity of the cardiovascular system
- It improves the posture
- Your body becomes more flexible and strong
- It improves digestion as during dancing you kind of massage your internal organs
How to dance for weight loss at home
Dancing for weight loss is a very effective and simple way to lose weight without going to the gym. You can do it just in your bedroom if you have enough space to move actively. You also don’t need any equipment or special activewear. Besides, home workouts can save a lot of time as you don’t need to commute.
The general structure of zumba dance for weight loss:
You should start every training with a warm-up. It may contain movements from your morning exercises: stretching, 2-3 minutes gentle jumps, leg
It’s funny but when you are dancing you often don’t notice that you do strength exercises. It happens because music and rhythm make the training more fun and pleasant. But at the same time, you perform difficult exercises like squat or jumps that involve the biggest muscles of your body and allows to burn a lot of calories.
When you finished strength training it’s time for the best part – dancing. It includes the main
Zumba allows you to improvise and be free in expressing yourself. So don’t be afraid to dance in your own way. The main goals are to move your body, to sweat, to burn calories and to have fun.
As a conclusion of your workout do some stretching exercises. This part is very important so don’t skip a cool-down.
Basic movements of zumba:
- steps — side, wide, small, with a turn of the body;
- Body bends with different arm movements
- Lunges and
What’s great about
You can find many zumba videos on YouTube. I recommend to start with this one as it is pretty good for beginners:
How much time to dance
One of the main aspects of successful weight loss is consistency. It applies for
How to double the results:
Zumba is very effective because it allows to burn a great amount of calories. But it doesn’t mean you can eat unlimited junk food and drink sugary coffee from Starbucks. If your goal is to lose fat you have to eat good quality, nourishing, real food. You don’t have to be on an extreme diet. But just be mindful about what you eat and how many calories you consume every day.
Try to include a lot of vegetables and greens in your diet as they contain few calories while providing you with healthy fiber and vitamins. Also, don’t forget about protein and healthy fats (in moderation). It’s a good idea to cut off sugar and excess carbs from your diet when you try to lose extra pounds.
Zumba is an
- joint problems or bone pathology;
- recent surgery;
- severe mental disorders;
- postpartum period (about six months);
- respiratory diseases;
- severe shortness of breath, tuberculosis;
- serious diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- varicose veins and other problems;
- brain pathology.
But even if you have any of the mentioned health conditions you still may dance. Just make sure you consult your doctor first in order to prevent any problems.
- it provides a guaranteed weight loss (5-10 kg per month)
- zumba includes simple and easy-to-learn exercises
- it is beneficial for your health
- it allows you to train at home (no need for the gym or equipment)
- there are a lot of YouTube videos out there that can help you to get started right now
- it reduces stress and improves your mood
- dance 40-60 minutes per session
- Be consistent and train 3 times a week. Don’t skip your dancing workouts
- Include a warmup,
strenghtexercises, cardio anda cool-down.
- Control your food intake, don’t indulge on sugar, carbs and fast food.